Monday

Here is my first Blog

Of course, as my first Blog, this isn't going to say much, other than computers represent a unique opportunity to engage students in exciting activities!

For a start, you can view my working group's home page at Zayed Univeristy where we do our best to help teachers incorporate technology into the curriculum.

Zayed is a fertile ground for this endeavor, as every teacher and student receives an IBM laptop - the latest rounds distributed are the Centrino Core Duo - to use at school and home.

With over 300 faculty and 2800 students, this means we need a lot of support. In the coming postings, I'm hoping to explore some of the issues our faculty, students, and I face.

Oh, and I'm also teaching an Education course this semester, filling in for one of our teachers who took another job in Dubai at the last minute. So I am getting to see the world of computing with education from the other side of the fence, once again.

Cheers,
Gordon

1 Comments:

Blogger David P said...

Good to hear from you Gordon!
David

May 9, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home